Prior to joining Accordance, Russell was the VAT manager of an award-winning tax team based in a firm of Chartered Accountants in the South East.
Having initially started out in audit and accounts, he started to specialise in VAT in 2011, where he gained significant experience in cross-border issues, imports and exports, land and property, group registrations, partial exemption, HMRC enquiries and other complex VAT transactions. From June 2015, Russell was the sole VAT specialist in his previous company, where he led on all of the firm’s VAT compliance and consultancy projects including all day-to-day VAT queries. Russell is also a member of the VAT Practitioners Group (VPG).
At Accordance, Russell works within the Consulting team providing UK and cross-border supply advice, detailed reviews on existing and new business activities and practical solutions to clients’ businesses.
Russell Hughes: Latest Articles
- EU | Member States introduce temporary reduced VAT rates in light of COVID-19
- COVID-19 VAT measures introduced by EU tax authorities
- EU | Member States extend non-EU VAT refund claims deadlines
- EU | 2021 delay to e-commerce VAT package and One Stop Shop
- EPM | Increased business in pharma brings VAT compliance risks