Andy Spencer, Director of Professional Services
Andy is a highly experienced indirect tax professional who has worked in VAT for over twenty five years.
Andy joined Accordance in 2009 and has responsibility for the consulting and compliance teams.
Within the consulting team, he is involved in delivering major international VAT projects for blue-chip clients, bringing expertise in both structural compliance and commercial efficiency. Andy specialises in providing clients with bespoke VAT reviews that help them develop into new territories with the appropriate controls in place to manage VAT effectively. Andy has developed expertise in international VAT throughout his career and has advised on a broad range of issues in a large number of countries.
Within the compliance team, Andy is responsible for the integrity and professionalism of Accordance’s compliance offering working with the team to ensure that our clients meet their compliance obligations around the EU and beyond.
Andy began his career with HM Customs & Excise and before joining Accordance was VAT Director at Baker Tilly’s Southern UK operation, a Senior VAT Manager at KPMG for six years, and a Senior VAT Manager at Ernst & Young for seven.
Andy Spencer: Latest Articles
- International Accountant | The Ties That Bind
- Accountancy Daily | Delay to EU’s e-commerce directive raises questions for UK business
- Accountancy Daily | COVID-19: Inconsistent VAT reliefs create business confusion across EU
- Food Ingredients First | Navigating VAT-related challenges for high-demand exports during COVID-19
- Brexit & OSS in light of Covid-19 | Prepare and leave nothing to chance