Intrastat Monitoring & Reporting Services
Intrastat reporting is a requirement for companies that trade across EU borders.
Intrastat monitors the movement of goods between EU Member States; the data collected enables EU countries to compile important trade statistics to monitor intra-EU trade.
It can be difficult for businesses to establish where they are required to report Intrastat declarations, but Accordance can help you to identify what to do, and we can file Intrastat declarations on your behalf across the EU.
The requirement to submit Intrastat declarations arises when the annual threshold is exceeded. It is therefore essential that transaction levels are closely monitored, as companies have a legal responsibility to submit declarations when thresholds are breached. Where there is a historic liability to submit Intrastat declarations, Accordance can assist as our compliance team has many years of experience of dealing with European Statistics Authorities. We have been able to successfully negotiate reduced retrospective reporting requirements for clients in a number of countries. We have also successfully liaised with Statistics Authorities to have fines for non-submission mitigated.
As part of our Intrastat service we can:
- Check thresholds to ensure you submit all the necessary reports and meet your compliance obligations
- Submit declarations to all required EU Member States
- Analyse your supply chain to determine where declarations need to be made
- Advise on Commodity codes in order to ensure reports conform to regulations
- Assist with more complex declarations (i.e. where thresholds vary between Member States and Inco-terms and Statistical Values need to be reported)