International Expansion VAT Compliance
There is much to consider when businesses begin to trade internationally – VAT is often one of the first foreign taxes firms incur as they begin to do business in new countries, and it’s important to understand how to get it right.
VAT Compliant International Invoicing
VAT rules vary between countries, and when working in new unfamiliar territories it’s often difficult to identify the correct VAT treatment for invoices.
All companies need to ensure that invoices sent out to clients, as well as invoices from suppliers, have the correct VAT treatment to avoid invoice disputes and delays to cash-flow.
Accordance are experts in international VAT compliance:
- We provide confidence that VAT treatment on invoices is correct and compliant
- We ensure the VAT efficiency of cross-border supply chains
- We provide ongoing VAT advice and support if you’re unsure
Where you start trading in a new country, it may be necessary for you to register for VAT as a non-resident business. As a VAT registered business you can recover local foreign VAT that is charged to you, as well as ensuring that you charge VAT correctly to your clients.
You may need to be VAT registered if you are:
- Supplying and installing goods
- Holding an event
- Making sales to local consumers
- Holding call-off stock in another country
- Holding consignment stock in another country
- Opening a warehouse
Accordance can help you identify whether you do need to obtain a VAT registration – and if you do, we can handle all VAT registration, VAT return and associated reporting requirements for you.